Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Songs for Valentine's Day

The Best of Sixpence None the RicherThe Music from The O.C.: Mix 1Eclipse: Twilight Saga OSTFearlessBrand New EyesLungsRomeo + Juliet (96)21st Century BreakdownSpeak for YourselfTwilight OST
So Valentine's Day is less than a week away and I've already booked a restaurant for Valentine's dinner and I just wanted to share my perfect playlist for the special day. I don't know about other people but for Valentine's Day I want love songs.

1. "Kiss Me" - Sixpence None The Richer
This song reminds me of the 90's and when Dawson's Creek was huge. I personally wasn't a big fan of the show but I know this song was made popular by it. I just love the chorus and it is such a sweet song.

2. "Dice" - Finley Quaye
The beat is the best thing in this song. I also love the lyrics "Nothing can compare to when you roll the dice and swear your love's for me". I'm a huge fan of The O.C and this song was playing in the first season where Ryan and Marissa was kissing on New Years. I love how this song reminds me of that scene.

3. "Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever) - Muse
Just the perfect love rock ballad and it's perfect because my bf is a huge fan of Muse. This song is for you.

4. "Love Story" - Taylor Swift
I think this is the sweetest love song. The song is well written and the chorus is so catchy.

5. "The Only Exception" - Paramore
This is a really slow song for a Paramore song. When I first heard this song I was like where's the fast paced drumming and power singing by Hayley. This song did grow on me and it is such a perfect love song. The chorus is really basic but I love the way Hayley repeats"You are the only exception".

6. "You've Got The Love" - Florence & The Machine
This is my favourite power ballad. Florence just sings so well about needing that special someone. 

7. "Lovefool" - The Cardigans
This song was featured on the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack and has a killer chorus. "Love me, love me, say that you love......." .

8. "Last Night On Earth" - Green Day
Billie Joe wrote this love song for his wife and I was really lucky to hear it live when Green Day played in Auckland at the end of 2009. The song is so sweet and sounds nothing like any of Green Day's other songs.

9. "Goodnight And Go" - Imogen Heap
I love the music of this song. It's dream like and there is nothing else like it. It's actually my most played song on iTunes so I really love it.

10. "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" - Iron & Wine
All the Twilight fans would recognise this song in a heart beat as this was the song being played when Bella and Edward are slow dancing at their prom. I'm not a big fan of Twilight but this song really is the perfect slow dance song.


Tarina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails