Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter Forever!

I've just gotten back from the Midnight screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part.2. I'm not usually a big fan of the movies but I really enjoyed this one. I think it is because they didn't skimp on too much.
So I arrive at the cinema at 10:30pm thinking it's plenty of time because I'm an hour and a half early. Nope, I should have arrived earlier. There were loads of people. I mean scary amounts and I live in Palmerston North a town with about 75 thousand. I loved how so many people went dressed up and plus it made me feel a lot less embarrassed to be in all my Gryffindor get-up. I was fortunate enough to be in Cinema 1 (there were two other cinemas showing the film including one for 3D, which I hate) because it was the first cinema to let people in and it was also the cinema which sold tickets first, so I was with the hardcore fans. There were three chicks that had full Gryffindor robes and all but I was extremely jealous of them because they had these really cool light up wands.
Deathly Hallows Part.2 was done right which they haven't been in the past. I especially loved The Prince's Tale part of the movie. It was vindicating for Snape and I couldn't resist crying. I tried my best to stop but I just couldn't! The action scenes were done well and I thought the music throughout the movie was perfect. I'm not going to talk too much about scenes because I don't want to ruin it for others who have yet to watch it.
I have been quite emotional after the movie because Harry Potter has been with me since I picked up Philosopher's Stone back when I was 11. I'm 24 now and I'm still obsessed. The Harry Potter series will always have a special place in my heart. I hold on to it because it reminds me of my youth and has provided me with endless joy. Harry Potter Forever!


Tarina xx


Photo: Courtesy of Architectural Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails